Ancillary Revenue Sales
To further increase profitability, Radixx provides an in-path ancillary revenue engine. This built-in feature supports all International Air Transport Association (IATA) Standard Special Service Requests (SSRs) and user defined SSRs. Radixx offers airlines a distinctive ability to uniquely define SSRs, channels and pricing and effectively sell them seamlessly and effortlessly.
Designed after the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) model, Radixx offers airlines the ability to sell virtually anything as an ancillary product or service.
Setting Up and Managing Services
The Radixx Air system offers users the following management options and abilities:
- Establish a cutoff time limit prior to departure when a service will no longer be available for sale and/or refund.
- Identify fare channels through which each service can be sold.
- Charge for SSRs in multiple currencies.
- Limit SSR availability based on aircraft cabin capacity/aircraft type.
- Limit SSR availability by airport.
- Apply overriding SSR pricing for added security.
- Create new SSRs and edit existing SSRs.
- Input details for each SSR such as category, cut off hours, SSR code, refundability, inclusion in Passenger Name List (PNL)/ Add Delete List (ADL), max count, description.
- Apply restrictions to each SSR such as by airport and cabin.